Online presence is an unavoidable element of life in this age, and if you've ever wanted to establish one and asked around, the most likely answer you would have gathered is to go with the easy-to-use WordPress platform.
This course deals with the ins and outs of WordPress from installation to fine tuning the settings that most people don't even know exist!
The basic wordpress course will cover:
● How to get a domain: 3 tricks to find great available domain names for your website and 1 cool trick to always pay less for them than anyone else.
● How to get web hosting: find affordable web hosting providers and learn your way around their admin panels.
● How to install WordPress: how to install WordPress via FTP or with 1-Click Installs from your webhost.
● How to make your first post: Give it a title, HTML vs Visual view.
● Categories vs Tags: what are they and how to use them to best organize your content.
● Learn to use Pages vs Posts: Learn to use wordpress pages and posts the right way.
● How to upload a picture: Learn to resize and upload pictures to your blog.
● How to insert a video: Uploading and embedding videos using YouTube and Vimeo.
● How to change the look with themes: where to find great free themes for free and install them.
● Best places to hire an affordable designer: a couple of places to hire the best designers for peanuts.
● How to enhance your site using free plugins: learn to install an manage plugins to make your site faster and more reliable.
● How to track traffic to your site: Use JetPack, Statcounter, and Google Analytics to track everything about your visitors.
● How rank high on search results: Learn basic search engine optimization and social media techniques to increase those juicy visits really fast.